Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 10 - Rest for the Weary

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my
deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take
refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my 
salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is 
worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
Psalm 18:2-3
It's late, and I am so very tired.  At least the day ended with my being able to access my software and begin the tedious process of entering in a week of data plus two weeks of files.  I am choosing to look at the positive over the negative that is screaming at me.  The task seems so impossible, but I know that I can overcome in God's strength.  I am learning that when I feel pushed and shoved, not certain of what to do first, I just need to ask God to help me make sense out of it.  He's pretty good at helping me prioritize my work, when I am calm enough to listen

Since defenses are down a bit this evening I decided to pop in another DVD that always lifts my spirit.  Tonight's fare is Facing the Giants.  It's a story about a high school football team with a history of losing streaks, but much more it is about life in general, about honoring God in everything we do.  The philosophy of the coach is "If we win, we praise Him, and if we lose, we praise Him."  It's about giving God our best in every area of our life, keeping our attitudes right. There's also a blip in there about blooming where you are planted until God says otherwise.  Ya think that's a little hint?  

The main theme of the story is learning to face your fears, giving God your best, and knowing that absolutely nothing is impossible with God in control.  So, if you're feeling down and discouraged about anything - your life, your health, your relationships, school, whatever, this movie will encourage your spirit and tickle  your soul.

Tomorrow may be more than I bargain for, but for tonight I am resting in the knowledge that come what may God has it under control, so I don't have to lose sleep or count sheep.

Until tomorrow, rest well!




No comments:

Post a Comment