Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 20 - Come What May

As soon as I pray,  You answer me;
You encourage me by giving me strength.
Psalm 138:3 NLT


Tomorrow afternoon I board my plane in Albuquerque en route to Richmond, Virginia.  I am praying for a nice, quiet visit with my younger son, Daniel, my sister and my friends!  This is my hope and my prayer.

Each morning when I wake up I have gotten into the habit of saying "This is the day You have made, Lord, and I will be glad and rejoice in it."  Now I admit to you there are days when the "will" are half-hearted at best!  

God always has a way of surprising me with His incredible love and goodness.  As I began my quiet time with Him this morning I read these words:  "Do you want to be truly rich? You are already if you are happy and good".  1 Timothy 6:6  Next question... "Are you content today with your possessions, status, situation?" The reference is from Philippians 4: 11 - 13 which says,  "...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."  (NIV)  The King James version is my favorite which says "I can do all things...."  Do you get the distinct impression that God is preparing me for something?

Sometimes I have to giggle out loud when God is 'funning" with me.  He does have a sense of humor. There are times I will be writing something in my journal, and I'll stop and say "I know", because He's already given me the answer.  As I was praying today,  I heard clearly..."I will keep your mind in perfect peace, if it is stayed on Me."  Sound like a scripture?  It is ... Isaiah 26:3!  He is reminding me, yet again, of His faithfulness.  I guess He wanted to get His point across, because as I am taking my shower getting ready for work, I hear the song "Oceans" in my head with one portion playing over and over.  When I shared the song with you on Day 8 - The Great Unknown blog, I did not share the verses He repeated over and over and over to me this morning, until He was certain I heard Him clearly.  It goes:

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior."

This song "Oceans" (Where Feet May Fail), written by Matt Crocker, Joel Houston, and Salomon Ligthelm of Hillsong United is a very powerful piece of music.  In live worship imagine these words being sung over and over and over again as if the music was intended for your ears alone, to touch your heart only.  A chorus of angels singing to you.  This is how I felt this morning.  I became so overwhelmed with the Presence of my Father that I had to kneel and thank Him.  I don't think His message for me today was easy to miss, do you?

The question I have been asking Him for so long is "Where do you want me, Lord?"  I have within me a longing to go home, but where is home really?  Yesterday I was reminded that this world is not my home.  And Father also reminds me that Jesus didn't own a home.  Quite honestly He was a free Spirit sort of person.  I have a restlessness I cannot describe, but I am learning that the way will become clear, and I cannot be deterred from my journey into the great unknown.  Maybe to some that is reckless living, but it makes more sense to me each day.

So off I go tomorrow, and rather than think about what may be, I will remember my symphony of music and scripture, and make every effort to keep my mind stayed on Him and in perfect peace...come what may!

No comments:

Post a Comment