Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 9 - Grace Abounds


 And God is able to make all grace abound
to you, so that in all things, at all times, having
all that  you need, you will abound in every good work.

2 Corinthians 9:8


After church today I went to lunch with my friend.  At first I didn't want to go back out, because I have been so tired, and I had letters to write, relaxing to do.  I'm glad I decided to go, as it gave us an opportunity to talk and share.  When I came home I wrote a few letters, pen and paper type "real" letters, and then I decided to put on a favorite movie.  Feeling nostalgic I decided to watch Faith Like Potatoes which was filmed in South Africa.  In a segment of the movie the Angus is praying in his" green cathedral," his corn field, when his pastor stops by for a visit.  The man tells his pastor that he's been talking to God.  Guess what he said next...yep, Angus felt God asking him, "Do you trust Me".  It seems that every movie I watch, each testimony I read, and every piece of music I hear is saying the same things, "Do you trust Me?" Once more I stand amazed that He cares so much for me that He has been reaffirming His promise never to leave me or forsake me.

It doesn't stop there.  Angus, whose life has been transformed, tells the people a true story, in fact this movie is based on fact.  Angus goes out praying with people who are struggling in their marriages, having problems in other ways, sharing his faith in God.  Within the next few days his total crop of maize has been razed to the ground by weather.  So he calls out to God, putting his trust in Him, and shortly thereafter, he discovers that the his crop is miraculously standing up thriving once more.  He tells the people if God cares so much for a crop of maize how much more He cares for us.  There is no limit to what God can do, if we truly believe.  He is in control.

In about two weeks I will be flying to Virginia to visit my son, and I pray that God will clearly show me where He wants me and what He wants me to do.  I love New Mexico, and it has been a home to me for 27 years.  Leaving here would not be easy, but I know there is more He is calling me to do. 

I'm not afraid, though fear assails, grace much more abounds.  

No comments:

Post a Comment