Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Day 18 - My Soul Cries

My soul is overwhelmed with
sorrow to the point
of death.
Mark 14:34



Why do some people think others are immune to being hurt?  Could it be the appearance of cheerfulness in the face of negativity?  Or the ability to "snap back" come what may?  A person who chooses to walk free of the world's allure for possessions to serve people?

Phillips, Craig & Dean's song "From the Inside Out" says "My soul cries out, my soul cries out to You..." and that is my heart cry tonight. Just when things seem clearer to me, and I begin to dream again, something happens to knock me right off my solid rock to sinking sand.  Perhaps this is the answer to my soul seeking quest. I am, quite honestly, uncertain as to how this lesson for today is preparing me for future battles.  I much prefer peace.

Nevertheless...not my will but Thine be done..





No comments:

Post a Comment