Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 13 - Another Day

Another day, another lesson.

I want to begin by saying that I am okay!  The battle I am fighting is being waged against my family.  I have fought my own health battles in the past, but my faith and determination got me through.  My stand and my fight are on behalf of those I love who are not able to stand and fight for themselves right now.  I believe in the power of prayer, a proper mindset, and being responsible for the life you live. That includes the whole life, meaning spirit, soul, and body.  Sometimes people get weak, and the defenses go down.  They lose the fight.  So my job right now is to walk along side and uplift.  I'll fight for them!

I work in the health and social service field, so I try to help people who are suffering with medical and mental health problems.  In our present day there are people who feel alone, unsupported, helpless.  They've been pushed aside, put down, looked over.  The world is a place of hopelessness to many, and in my case, a feeling of helplessness to get the support many need.  Consequently, people accept whatever they are told, and to many it becomes a death sentence or a stigma. 

My prayer is that I can bring hope to others who have no hope, encouragement to those who are in despair, a hand to hold, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen, or I can simply sit in silence.  The greatest gift we can give to one another is our time.

As I shared...I have been accused of being in denial about certain pronouncements, but I guess I prefer to see the bigger picture.

Thanks for your prayers as I stand.









No comments:

Post a Comment