Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 25 - My Love

Do you think God has a sense of humor?  My sister and I were discussing this today, and as you all know I definitely think He does.  It's like I can see Him as I speak many times just shaking His head, probably looking at Jesus saying, "There she goes again, that gal!  She's a mess!" which I prefer to think He means, "That's my Linda!"  When my son, TJ, played drums in band, I recall the very first parade he was in.  He was carrying this big base drum, almost as big as he was tall, struggling to keep upright as he marched and played.  When he had to push up the hat he was wearing, he'd almost lose balance he was so thin.  I remember proudly saying, "That's my son!"  Same with Daniel when he played his classical guitar in concerts, "He's my son!" My daughter, Kristie, was the orator in the family, very bold in her message.  Sound like anyone?  "That's my daughter."

We are always proud of our children as they're growing up, from learning to crawl, walk, climb, skip, jump, run!  Each landmark in their education, every step of their life, parents, especially mamas are there to cheer them on.  And if in life they take a wrong turn, we are always the ones to believe in them, hope the best, and pray for them to find their way again.  We always stand behind them, trusting God, knowing they will be okay.  He does the same for us.

The Bible says that God does not want anyone to perish, but all to come to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  If we love our children enough to die for them, how much more does He love us, Who sacrificed His only Son for us so we could live!  I dare say we would not go as far for another.  His love is a great mystery.  Such an eternal love is difficult to grasp.  None deserving of such love.  Yet I for one want to embrace it fully, completely.

I have never really known love, true love in any sense of the word as God said it should be.  I was promised love, but mine was never quite enough.  I often wonder what would have happened had I married someone from my home town.  I never went looking for love, men always found me.  Life is interesting, but "what ifs" are just that...speculative.  And besides when I think about it, I enjoy my life as it is.  Jesus has been that one true Love of my life from childhood when I first met Him until now, as well as my Best Friend.  He's with me every step of my day, when I lay down at night, get up in the morning, go to work, or just sitting around playing pogo games and watching a movie. We have a lot of fun together, and He's got a great laugh!  He's there with me all the time, and I know He'll never leave me.  Plus if I ask Him, He'll show me the next move in a game of chess.  He likes to see me win!

No comments:

Post a Comment