Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 28, Part 2 - The Movie

As promised...my sister, her son, Jesse, and I went to see God's Not Dead. It was brilliant!  Nothing like what I expected, and I expected a lot!  There were side stories, which there usually are, that collide in ways we do not expect.  Not all endings are happy, but they are thought provoking. Everything comes together in the end and just proves what we already know...God is in control, and although His ways are not always what we were hoping for, He has a purpose.  So please, if you get the chance, see the movie.

While you're at it...if you have Netflix, watch Brother White.  The pastor in God's Not Dead is also the pastor in Brother White. It's about an associate pastor at a mega church who is sent off to pastor an inner city church in Atlanta.  Unbeknown to the pastor the church is on the verge of being closed down, so Brother White has more than his work cut out for him. So he along with his children and wife, Lily, head off to their new post in Atlanta expecting great things.  It's really a fun movie, and you will laugh and probably cry, but you will be encouraged and blessed.

So much for movies.  When I return home I will no doubt catch Divergent, the first of a trilogy.  If it's anything like the book, it will be time well spent.  I am a Hunger Games enthusiast, so although different, this one is destined for great reviews as well!  I can hardly wait!

Until tomorrow, happy movie watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment