Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 4 - Just Thinkin'

God is able to provide you with every blessing in
abundance, so that having all sufficiency in 
all things at all times, you may abound in
 every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:8 (ESV)



The wind is blowing, it is beginning to rain and sleet a little as the storm in the more northerly regions is adrift with snow.  Tomorrow I am scheduled to travel to Chama, but the weather may have another say.  I love snow although driving it in is another matter when the powder is fresh falling.  I have this special place I love to go not too far from where I live just a little over the mountains and through the woods.  It's what I call my "thinking spot" kind of like Briar Rabbit's special spot.  I go there to hide away and crawl up in God's lap listening for direction.  It's a place of peace and quiet, simplicity and grace.  I guess it could be considered my Road to Emmaus.   

So different from my day to day life.  My hope for a productive day was met with continuing computer problems, but I discovered a way to work around it and salvage the day.  Perhaps in not allowing things not in my control to upset me, I can begin to see and use creative ways too press on in life.  When the kids were little, and things didn't always work out, my favorite expression was "modify".  My mama called it making do with what you had to work with, especially when money was short.  In our fast paced, electronic, computer age when machines fail, or we have a power outage, the world shuts down.  The creativity is gone, wasted on an instant fix philosophy.  I am grateful for the lessons I learned growing up.  I don't think there was anything my mother couldn't do, and she passed so much of her ingenuity down to me.  Because she wasn't ashamed to ask for a ride, we always had a way to get to church.  I have tried to pass these values to my children, in the hope they would choose the better way.  I know it's coming.  Promises are true.

My lesson for today is simple and will stay me in anything that comes my way tomorrow.  God's faithfulness true. 


No comments:

Post a Comment