Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 12 - One Thing

"Your love never fails, never gives up
Never runs out on me"

lyrics from song
One Thing Remains
by Kristian Stanfill 


If you were asked to describe your life in one word, what would you say?  Without hesitation I know what I would say, "amazing!" The reason I feel that way is because of the close relationship I have had with the Lord since childhood, before I really knew Jesus as Lord.  It is that simple, childlike faith that has defined my life over the years.  I hope I never grow up if that is childish in someone's mind, because I feel secure in His love.

This morning my day began with deep thoughts, concerns about what decisions were in the making.  As I was riding down the road, true to His character, God reminded me of His ever presence in my life.  As songs of praise played on the radio,  I heard the words "He overwhelms and satisfies my soul," and once again I knew He had heard my prayers and the answers were on the way.  A smile covered my face, and I felt His love envelop me, overwhelm and satisfy.  I knew it was going to be okay, and it will.

I have been accused of living in denial, because I refused to let diagnoses dictate my life or the life of those I love.  I have heard pronouncements made against me and others using words "incurable", "cancer", "there is no way" spoken by health professionals only to stand strong and choose life over laying down in defeat.  "I can't" is replaced with "I will."   I know that faith without works is dead, and I do not plan to lay down and die or allow anyone I love to live defeated lives without a fight.  Today I have on my boxing gloves of faith.  I am an over comer, and today I make my stand!


No comments:

Post a Comment