Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 29 - Home Again

I breezed into Albuquerque at about 10:40 pm very tired and hungry.  I ate a feast of kettle chips with sea salt, Pepsi, and chocolate fudge compliments of my sister's church bazaar today.  I am ready to find a pillow!  I decided to stay in Albuquerque tonight as Velarde is about two and a half hours of travel time, and I am not up to the test tonight.

I enjoyed my short time in Virginia, and it made me realize I do miss home.  As I begin my week I intend to do a lot of soul searching regarding my next step.  I know I have three full weeks ahead of me, plus a few surprises I am certain will come my way from changes made while I was away.  I hope I am up to the challenge.

One thing I know for sure is there are no easy changes in life, especially when you begin to grow older.  Being alone has advantages and disadvantages, and I admit to wishing I had a strong right hand to guide me along, in the natural sense.  But I also know that God has brought me this far, for many years, and He hasn't failed me yet, and He never will. 

I sat next to a mother and father traveling with young children who sat in front of us.  The mother was reading Divergent as her son wanted to read it, and she wanted to make sure it was suitable.  I resisted the urge to speak up, as you know I already know about this book and the two sequels.  I heard her tell her husband that it seemed to be okay, and I noticed it was hard for her to stop reading.  She'll probably stay up  later tonight to finish it, as I confess it is hard to put down. I was happy she was concerned about what her impressionable young son was reading.  Well done, mama! 

One of my favorite Christian writers is Ted Dekker.  If you enjoy thought provoking thrillers, he is your man!  A friend in Virginia, who is also a fan of Dekker's, gave me his book, Obsessed, so I am eager to begin reading it.  It promises to be another fine read.

Well, for tonight this is a wrap, as I need to go to sleep.  Catch ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment