Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 8 - The Great Unknown

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery 
In oceans deep 
My faith will stand
And I will call upon Your Name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine.

Lyrics from Hillsong United "Oceans"
(Where Feet May Fail)



Driving home from Santa Fe this evening I was able to listen to part of the Hillsong Conference from Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles being aired on Klove.com.  If you've never had the blessing of listening to Christian music, please take the Klove pledge and listen for 30 days.  Your life will change.  The lyrics above are from the song, "Oceans," and it a favorite of mine as it speaks about the trials of life which seem so overwhelming, but with God in your life, the fear will not overtake you.  

During a pause in the song, Joel Houston gave his testimony about hearing the call of God, and stepping out in that great unknown.  He took that step of faith, moved across the world, but over a period of time, being alone, he began to doubt whether he heard God at all.  As he shared his testimony, he said something that made my heart burst.  He said God asked him one day, "Do you trust me?" Now if you've been following my blog you know that God spoke those same words to me awhile back, and since that time the oceans have risen, and my feet have been a little shaky.  Hearing those words coming from someone's lips almost made me stop in the road.  I knew once more God wanted to confirm those words to me, because the past two weeks have really been a test of my faith. 

Pastor Brian Houston spoke at the conference, and using the lyrics of this song, he spoke about daring to step out into the mystery, not being satisfied with anything else.  How can a person who loves the Lord with all their hearts be complacent, be satisfied where they are?  We need to be alive, spontaneous, never afraid to go where He calls.  I know my feet fail me.  I know I fear at times, afraid to let go of anything that feels safe.  But it's not the life I want to live.  I have always been adventuresome, and just because I am all alone here, without family, or even if He asks me to leave it all behind and take the bold step into the mystery again, then I pray with all my heart I do trust Him and say "yes."  I want my life to count for His glory and bring honor to His Great Name.

Tomorrow the Hillsong Conference will once again air on Klove, and I hope you'll take the time to listen in.  It will change your life if you truly want it to change.  You'll be challenged to go deeper in your walk of faith, daring to step out into the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment