Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 7 - Rest is Best

 But seek first his kingdom and his 
righteousness, and all these things
will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6:33



God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh day.  So why do we find it so hard to get things done?  Creating a world is so much larger than anything we can accomplish one would think.

This week my software at work has been on the blitz, consequently once up, I will have a heap of work to catch up on.  Important work, too, as it involves service to people.  I'm getting tired just thinking about it.  I know that I can only do what I can do, but somehow my perfectionist mind does not allow me to rest.  So I beat myself up and work myself silly to accomplish any goal.  But that's not the way God wants things to go. 

In the sixth chapter of Matthew Jesus tells us not to worry about things, like what we will eat, what we wear, and this can be applied to anything that takes our minds off of Him.  Seeking the Kingdom of God and His righteousness is the only thing we need to focus on.  Then our minds are at rest, and in His grace, we can tackle the day to day tasks in our work, school, whatever we are doing.  Again it comes down to trust.

So rather than concern myself with how I am going to get everything done later on, I am going to focus on this beautiful day and enjoy the time God has given me to relax.  I hope you'll find the strength to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment