Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 21 - Smiles Along the Way

Hi All,

I made it safely to Virginia!  It's late, and I am tired from the loss of two hours, plus all the hustling around, lugging suitcases.  I don't think I'd make a very good jet setter or whatever people who travel much of the time are called.  Going in and out of terminals confuses this ole lady!

I had a nice flight with cheery faces, light chit chat, uneventful with regard to long layovers or malcontents.  The weather was nice at home when I left, but I was disappointed when I didn't see snow here.  I told everyone I'd bring some home when I return, as it rightfully belongs in New Mexico!  Everyone is not as fond of the white stuff as I am, but I do enjoy making snowmen and chasing dogs and having fun.  Back in the day when I was growing up mama would make snow cream.  Do you remember those days?  We can no longer do that unfortunately, because of all the pollution, but it sure was a treat!

Just checking in tonight.  No thoughts.  Nothing to share.  Glad I had smiles to share with fellow travelers today.  Ya never know whose life you touch as you go about your day.  It can be as simple as a "hello", "how are you?",  "have a nice day!"  Remembering someone's name, and repeating it back, like "Thank you, John, you have a blessed day!" People respond in kind, I believe.  I know it makes my day when someone acknowledges me or wishes me a good day.  Words do matter, as we've said before.  Attitude speaks.

Hope your day was a blessed one, and I'm praying that tomorrow brings sunshine and laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment