Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 6 - One More Lesson

 Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; 
you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. 
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;  the flames 
will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, 
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Isaiah 43:1-3

My journey today took me to Mesa Poleo which is located north down into a remote, back woods area. Unfortunately it took awhile before I was able to locate my destination.  I had to back track through the woods back to the highway and down to the service station in Coyote to use the phone.  No cell service when you need it unless you can shinny up a tree!  Later, when I was headed back out of those twisting, turning little mountainous, dirt roads, I took the wrong fork in the road and headed down what eventually became a narrow, icy, muddy road with no where to safety turn around and no sign of a human being.  To make it worse there wasn't any place on the side to assist in turning around without going over an embankment.  After considering my options, which were to keep going forward or go in reverse while slipping and sliding, I mustered the confidence to  turn around on the surface I did have, precarious as it might be.  Praying as I inched the car around little by little, I finally got turned around headed back to what I hoped was the way to  the main road. I was so relieved to see familiar terrain ahead of me, and finally reach the highway.  This isn't the first time I've taken the wrong turn and found myself in a pickle!  Traveling as I do I have to be prepared for the unexpected, as there can be surprises waiting  around the bend.

Each day God shows His faithfulness to me and reminds me that He is always with me.  When I become tense or lose my way He is there to calm me down and set me on the right path.  I would never have the courage to go the places I go or do the things I have to do without Him beside me all the way.  Like yesterday I have to calm myself and listen for His still, small voice, trust what I hear and obey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment