Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 125 - Power Play



 Be strong in the Lord

Somewhere along the way I advanced my days, so I have gone backwards and corrected the numbers on my posts. I imagine this proves that my mental health has been askew, and since I already knew this as a surety, it is why I had to go away this week to regain my physical and mental health and stamina.

My health has been on a downward spiral for some time in direct parallel to my mental instability. I simply need real time away. Not just taking off days and staying home to “rest:” I needed an escape to encourage myself to “act.”

We each have a call of God on our lives. Some people prefer to sit idly and while away their years, content to sit on the sidelines of life and watch others as they busily achieve goals, set higher goals, and as they accomplish said goals. For them the pace is steady, focus sure, hands to the plow, not looking to the right or to the left. Yet, time can still be wasted on what is most important – spending time in worship, praise, and prayer for the direction our path directs. For many God is not a priority, because they do not need Him, or so they think. Life is good, there are high dollar jobs and high dollar belongings. For other who are the opposite side of the spectrum, perhaps there is joblessness, hopelessness, and despair, but reaching out to God is still not in their line of considerations for the time being.

I am one of the fortunate ones who understand how critical God is to my life. I have been privileged to know Him since I was a young child, as I have testified before. This doesn’t mean I have not had my struggles or downright failures, but regardless of those times, He’s still here, and although others have abandoned me, He never. I am His and He is mine. Because of this love relationship I have with my Father I want to live my life according to His Word and leading. In this regard there is no other choice - He is first. Always.

I keep a journal, so when I am away, without internet service, I can pick up my journal and write my thoughts daily, or hourly, momentarily, as the inspiration or questions arise. These are my “God” journals written to Him as I pray and wrestle with stumbling blocks along the way. I developed this habit a long time ago, and it has served me and others well. This way if the “white” in my meninges widens others will know that my brain used to be on track. The previous statement is in reference to my doctor’s comment to me a few years ago after an MRI that I had a “white place” in my brain. My response, which is my typical one was, “So?????”  To which she had no response. But it may cause many to respond, “Ah, now I understand!” Said all in good fun, naturally!

I think my idea of setting personal daily goals for myself is a good idea.  I have a calendar for my daily schedule of visits and meetings/trainings to attend, so why not one to keep me on track with things I need or want to accomplish daily. For instance, next week when I return to work I already have a full calendar of visits. I know I need to squeeze in some time to take at least two of my required trainings before June 25th, I believe. so I want to do this as quickly as possible to relieve further stress. Monday I want to look over my schedule and determine if I over-extended myself for the week, and if so, change the times and dates, keeping the time sensitive ones as priorities. In case management everything is time sensitive. So it should be with our relationship with Jesus
I am so tired of age being the focal point of life decisions. Why is it that a person who has achieved a certain age believes they do not have anything to offer? What if…Abraham felt that way when God told him as a very old man he would be the Father of nations, when he did not have the first child yet! Added to that proclamation there was Sarah, also advanced in age and beyond child bearing; she would be the mother of the son of promise.  Abraham questioned and Sarah laughed. Admittedly, wouldn’t you? As the months go by and nothing happens Sarah decides to “help” God with His promise, and we all know how that worked out. Nonetheless, Sarah did conceive after blundering, and Abraham became a father to Isaac and the nation of Israel.

There are many other examples in scripture where God used impossible odds to transform a nation. So if we as Christians today affirm that the Word of God is infallible do we doubt that He can and will move in our situations? I will be 65 in August, and God gave me a vision several years ago in my young adulthood that still has not come to fruition. Shall I doubt what He said or what I clearly have seen several times as visions what He desires to accomplish through me, the weakest of vessels? I have not, and I never shall. He told me, and I believe Him.

In reading the book of Nehemiah, as he leads the returning exiles in rebuilding the city walls, I am reminded that there will always be scoffers sent to discourage the work of the Lord. So what is the answer? Simply put, it is the same one that resounds over and over, “Stand still and see the glory of the Lord.” (2 Chronicles 20:15 – 17) To those He calls, He equips. He doesn’t send you out defenseless against the enemy, especially those we face daily such as examinations in school or college, employers who demand more and more using a performance evaluation as the edge, or the wrinkled face that stares back at you on a day you’re feeling particularly beaten down and under a heavy load of care. To God nothing is impossible, so if God is for you, who can be against you? He even gives us clothes to wear – “Put on your garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness.”  Or, “clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” We are “clothed in Christ.”

God has also supplied us with weapons of warfare we can daily use:

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the evil day comes, you will be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all of this, pick up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.” (Ephesians 6:10-18)

The word isn’t a weak man’s crutch, rather it is a weak man’s promise from God! So stand strong in the Lord, and in His power. Never allow the enemy, who comes in many guises, to steal your joy or put a halt to the dreams God has given you. I stand with you! We stand ready and armed for war!

No comments:

Post a Comment