Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 132 - Much to Learn

Positive Thinking Quotes From Famous People

My day started out on fast forward! Seems like everyone wanted to talk to me today, and the conversations were complicated. Some days are like that! Tomorrow is Wednesday, my day off, but unfortunately that will be fast paced as well. I have to take my car for an oil change followed by another appointment, so perhaps I will have a little free time in between to do something fun!  Imagine the possibilities.

One thing I may do is go by Harry's Roadhouse and get myself a gluten free pizza.  For anyone living near the Santa Fe area, Harry's is "the" place to go if you have a special diet (or not!). And it is actually good tasting...yummy!  Makes my mouth water thinking about it. There's also a gluten free bakery called Revolution Bakery, but I have not ventured there yet.  I'm not really into desserts, unless it is pie, and Harry's bakes pies as well. Wish I had had the foresight to order one, as it requires a two day notice for gluten free. I can hardly wait to sink my teeth into a lemon meringue pie!

Besides dreaming of food and living through today I did take the time to consider some important things. While in Sipapu hiding out I listened to a tape by Francis Frangipane which encouraged a 30 day fast from judging.  I think we do that unconsciously many times, and it is not necessarily directed at a person. For instance, when I find myself grumbling about something, I try to think of that as judging too.  It helps me focus my mind on positives rather than letting the negatives overwhelm me or frustrate me.  I'm still working on it, and some days are harder than others. But I thank God that I do think about it, and I do have a desire to change.

Well, that's about all the wisdom, or lack there of, that I have for tonight. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment