Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Saga Continues

cabin in the snow.


I am learning to use my “Smart Phone” a bit. For instance I can now say, “Ok Google Now,” and it tells me hello, asks how I am, and how can I help you? I can tell it to call someone, and it does! Imagine the possibilities. As you can well imagine, it does not take much to entertain me.

Besides that I did meander outside, in the raging wind, I might add, only to find that it is not only windy, but it is snowing, plus I now have company! There are campers parked to the southeast of me, plus a car at the apartment down from these cabins, and others at the lodge. I guess Mother’s Day for some is camping out and fishing. I know it would suit my fancy to be camping out for Mother’s Day! I have fond memories of days spent here with my daughter holed up in one of the apartments, which is basically a larger cabin, playing Scrabble and other games of wit.  There’s not a whole lot of entertainment in this place, so aside from camping, hiking, biking, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, tubing and other winter wonderland games you have to be creative in the evening. There are no televisions or internet, so unless you bring your own DVD player and radio, you pretty much have to talk to each other in the evening or on particularly bad days when going outside is questionable. 

Personally, I enjoy hikes in the snow and rain, but these old hips are giving me some problems at the moment, so I shortened my walk for today to the few yards to the pond.  The ducks were talking to some birds who quickly took off when they saw me. I fed the ducks, and the wind distributed the chunks of bread, so that the skittish birds didn’t have to land too close to “the human” for food.
So now I am once more in the warm cabin, cranking up the heat, planning for my next adventure. I think rather than watch an instructional DVD I will watch a movie, maybe one that makes me laugh, like The Blindside, based on the true story of the life of football great Michael Oher. Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw play the couple who take him in as part of their family and encourage him to pursue his dreams. It’s inspiring, uplifting, and downright hilarious at times! It warms a heart on a blustery day, like today! So here’s another endorsement for a great family movie.

Okay, I’m off again…until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment