Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 139 - Laughter


LaughterQuote4


I have seen what a laugh can do. It 
can transform almost unbearable
tears into something bearable,
even hopeful.

Bob Hope


Wednesday, my day off! A time to collect my thoughts, rest my mind, and dream!  Trouble is I don't think I will do much dreaming tomorrow. I need to rest from my weariness and just find peace. Seems like that is my goal every day.

Today I spent the majority of my day with friends, fellow team members, and we did manage to laugh a lot, and we learned a few things. It is always good to relax, take it easy, and not worry about anything. Putting everything into the right perspective.  That is the key. Still we manage to get so upset over the least little thing. I know firsthand that it can wreck an otherwise calm day. We need to cultivate the harvest of thinking before we speak or react. Often this seems so impossible.


Good humor is a tonic for mind and body.
It is the best antidote for anxiety and
depression. It is a business asset. It attracts
and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens.
It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.

Grenville Kleiser


Funny that even when you are overwhelmed, stretched to the nth degree, when you are around friends or co-workers in a relaxed atmosphere, rather than a crowded room, we can laugh at the silliest things. For lunch we went to a deli that has an entrance through the bar area. I made the comment that it would really look good if someone flashed a photo of all of us marching into this bar with our business identification hanging around our necks. Image the notoriety. Well, that may not be so bad after all, because if one photo is worth a thousand words, well, you get the point! But we were merely headed into the deli - trust me! 

We listened to oldies, Motown -  one of my all time favorites, and we shared dreams, photos of landscaping, and real life issues. It was fun, and it is something we have to look forward to on a monthly basis. That helps as it is something to look forward to doing together.

Life can be good, even in the midst of impossible demands! Thank God we have these bright spots in an otherwise hard to cope existence.

  LaughterQuote5

No comments:

Post a Comment