Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 134 - Setting Goals

A friend understands what you are
trying to say...even when your 
thoughts aren't fitting into
words.
Ann D Parrish


Thank God for a good day! I was passing through Georgia O'Keeffe country en route to Chama this morning, and the colors were absolutely breathtaking! Plus, all the rain has made everything along the way so green and fresh. There was a slight hint of rain this afternoon as I was heading back down the pass, with a few sprinkles. The river is high, and if it comes a heavy downpour it might possibly flood.

The best part of my day is traveling and visiting people. While in Chama I met several people from the East Coast, including Virginia, who were traveling as part of a senior tour group. They were having the time of their lives enjoying all the good things our Southwest has to offer. I didn't ask them if they were headed to Santa Fe or another direction, but wherever they were going I wished them well and a great trip. It is my considered opinion that everyone who is able to travel should come to Northern New Mexico during your lifetime, as it is extraordinarily beautiful. But then I'm a little prejudice as I've been here since 1987, and I never tire of the scenery or the people. Not that some days aren't challenging, but all in all, it's a pretty great place to live.

This morning I was reading about setting long term goals as part of my Bible study. Some of the things listed I've already done or am doing now, but the one that caught my eye is "write a book." Now that's on my high priority list, and thus far I would say I am making headway in accomplishing that goal. The thing I need to do is make more time to put it all together, so I can begin to accomplish the other goals on my list pertaining to my "island of misfit toys" aka "ragamuffins." There's much to do, and many people need support, so I would appreciate your prayers for direction.

Since my return from Sipapu and my quiet time alone with God in nature, I have purposed a few changes to my focus in life. Not really changing my focus, as I cannot change the vision God has given me, but I can work on my attitude.  I can also take charge of my life, and with His help and the prayers of others who support me, I know nothing is impossible. God has done some pretty amazing things in my life, and He's gifted me with the ability to accomplish others.  I don't want to disappoint Him.  I want His will for my life...on earth as it is in heaven.

I shared with a friend this morning that I have set two goals for this upcoming weekend:

1. Clean my house
2. Dust my house

These may seem simple to you as they are menial cleaning tasks, but for me it has not been quite that simple. So for now, I am setting attainable daily goals, and this includes my work life as well. When things seem insurmountable I purpose to breathe, take five, pray, and do the best I can.  After all, if my best is what I can do, then the day was well spent. Knocking my head against a stone wall hasn't been much fun, and quite honestly I'm tired of the pain without gain.

also really like the second half of v.3

No comments:

Post a Comment