Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 149 - Never Forget

"Someone convinced us that the human race is headed nowhere.
That man has no destiny. That we are in a cycle. That there is no
reason or rhyme this absurd existence. Somewhere we got the idea that 
the earth is just a spinning mausoleum and the universe is purposeless. 
The creation was incidental and humanity has no direction.
Max Lucado
No Wonder They Call Him Savior

"I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, "plans to 
prosper you and not to harm you, plans of give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

"Remember, Paul begged, remember Jesus. Before you
remember anything, remember Him. If you forget anything,
don't forget Him. Oh, but how quickly we forget. So much
happens through the years.... And, somewhere, back there, we 
leave Him. We don't turn away from Him...we just don't take
Him with us. Assignments come. Promotions come. Budgets are
made. Kids are born, and the Christ...the Christ is forgotten."
 Six Hours One Friday

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for
the joy set before him endured the cross.... Consider him.
Hebrews 12:2-3

  "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you,
till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never
give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe

Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.
He made everything beautiful in its time.
Ecclesiastes 3:11NIV

The debate continues between Job and his friends. Elihu, a younger man, who does not identify himself as a friend, appears on the scene, bringing his "knowledge" into the picture. Interesting.

This morning before the alarm went off I awakened happy for the day, but suddenly I forgot what day it was or even where I was, and the frenzy began. Calmly I am reminded, and I settle back into the warmth of my covers. The alarm goes off, and I thank God for the morning and rest in the night, and I rise in preparation for my day.

Somewhere during the time of preparing my breakfast and moving some opened and unopened mail I am presented with the knowledge that I have missed paying for my Country Living subscription, and I remember that another bill came in the other day. As I frantically begin to hunt for the misplaced bill, other thoughts begin to cloud my sanity and calm, and another panic begins.  I am wondering how in the world I am going to do everything I have scheduled on my calendar for the next two weeks and manage to squeeze in two more appointments who are urgent. Mentally I try to sort it out, and every thought turns into an impossibility due to conflicts in schedule either for myself or the person I need to see. Life comes in and almost steals my peace and composure for the day...until, I remember Jesus.

visiting-teaching-jesus-christ-bookmark-300x106.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment