Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 140 - Friends

childhood, friends, fun, laugh, love, smile


What shall I bestow upon a friend?
Fleeting moments of silent blessings;
trust in tomorrow, which is life's hardest task;
faith that each new dawn brings daylight's golden
pathway to the ever-open door; and a belief that God
will be with them though all others go their way.

Lea Palmer


Sometimes life gets beyond overwhelming to the point of wondering what's the point of trying to make things work. We become desperate, lose all sense of peace, faith dwindles, and we are the proverbial basket case in a sea of floating sunken dreams! I guess I just don't want to go down with the hopeless into the sea of broken promises and regrets. I will somehow remain the eternal optimist, because I know the real Eternal Optimist, and in spite of myself, He holds my hand, even when my palms are wet with sweat from desperation.

He sends me friends, or he sends others to me to befriend who need hope and laughter, because I always seem to have an over-abundant supply of the stuff, even when I feel like I am falling apart. I guess it's a reality check for me when someone comes to me for advice. I put aside my own "stuff," and listen compassionately to the heart cries of another. And even if I share some of my inconsistencies, I can always offer the true hope, the true answer, and we always end up laughing, because laughter speaks volumes about living life to the fullest.


 Poster>> Good friends make you laugh, make you smile, and make every ...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment