Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 131 - Quiet Rest

 Benefits Of The Peace Of God Plus 1 More - Ngozi Nwoke

My first day back after almost a full week of time away went fairly calmly. No demands and few follow ups, yet my heart became so rather easily overwhelmed. Seems as if it takes only a small thing to disturb my calm.

When I decided to get away to still my mind, collect my thoughts, I did so with determination, yet I feel I somehow failed in what I set out to do. It shows me that this turmoil boiling inside of me is deeper than I really understand.

I purposed in my heart to end my day at the appointed hour, not working overtime, because it is a hard habit to break once it begins again. And that takes away from proper meals, exercise, and relaxation. In the mornings I spend my quiet times with God, but I find I need more and more time with Him. Other things are coming in to disrupt our fellowship in the evenings, sometimes during the day. I believe this is part of my problem.

For tonight I will rest, and I thank God that He gives me quiet rest during the night. Thank You, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment