Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day 148 - Reminders


“Suffering, failure, loneliness, sorrow, discouragement and death 
will be part of your journey, but the Kingdom of God will conquer
 all these horrors. No evil can resist grace forever.”
Brennan Manning


It's interesting how my old friend Brennan pops up in everything I read. I received the Vantage Point devotional for the prayer team I am part of for our government, and there was the above quotation. I guess the message is relevant when we think of the upcoming challenges for our nation as the political winds are blowing in preparation for the upcoming elections as well as standard every day stuff on capital  hill. No surprises there, and yet, in spite of whatever happens, I know that God is in control, and I am just going to stand my ground, pray, make my play, and wait. I'm getting better at the latter, but some days are taxing.

My blog really isn't meant to be about government goings on or anything politically inclined. My focus is praise and thanksgiving for every day blessings. So today I am grateful for another reminder 
of God's sovereign power and how I trust Him to fulfill His plan for my life as well as the lives of everyone who puts their trust in Him. No matter what happens, or no matter how things change daily, He remains true, never-changing, consistently who He says He is, and that is the best news I have for this day.

Jesus Christ is the same today, yesterday, and forever.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment