Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 130 - I'm Home!

"When I look back at where I've been,
I see that what I am becoming is 
a whole lot further down the 
road from where I was."
Gloria Gaither


My trip home was a pleasant one, although the wind still rages, but the snow on the lower level did not stick. It was a beautiful excursion through the rolling mountain roads, and I made it safely home by mid-day. I was greeted by two starving puppies and their friendly leader, Kenya, a dog as wide as a horse, though kind and somewhat gentle towards little ole neighbor ladies. I love having some-thing telling me "welcome home," but it disturbs me when I see bones on a little puppy. Perhaps the more aggressive "adult" is hogging the food. At least I prefer to think that way, than the worse way, that human owners are neglecting their puppies. 

Nonetheless I always share, so they are happy little visitors content on "helping" me unpack the car once their tummies are fully. I often wonder if they'd be missed if I adopted them. I may do that in the end if things don't change.

The quotation from Gloria Gaither was from today's reading, and I can feel encouragement from the sentiment. Nonetheless, I think I can more readily identify with Thomas Merton:

"Oh Lord God, I have no idea where I am going,
I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot 
know for certain where it will end....  I 
will not fear, for You are ever with me. 
And You will never leave me."


A week away doesn't always bring answers or absolutes, but it can provide direction and peace. My short stay provided the rest I needed to continue on this journey I face. Hopefully, over the days ahead, things will become clearer and my life will line up a bit more evenly so I can focus my efforts on my tomorrows. In spite of my feelings of loneliness, I know I am not alone in my human friendships, both here and elsewhere. That provides a sort of relief and reprieve.

Lost Love Quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment