Sunday, May 31, 2015

Day 151 - Let's Make Art!



 quotes (2)

 "God has a thousand ways 
Where I can see not one;
When all my means have
reached their end
Then His have just begun."

Esther  Guyot

Trying to make sense of things is exhausting at times. Job wanted an explanation of "why?" Seems that's the ageless question many people have asked over the centuries of existence. But I'm really not so interested in the whys and wherefores as I am about the what. The question I am asking is "what, Lord?" and I will not be satisfied until He answers. But then, I guess He has, but I'm not listening or accepting very gracefully.

While I wait, it's in the day by day life I continue to find meaning. Some days are better than others, but I do know I serve a purpose here. As tiring and taxing as it often is, more often than not, it is still my life, and I don't want to change it. Well, not all of it, anyway. There are aspects of it that need changing, transforming, and engaging, but I often feel powerless to do so. I get caught up in the conundrums, and I become "stuck" in the riddles and conjecture. Funny, really, when it would be so much easier to simply trust. 

"Jesus' love does not depend upon what we do for Him. Not at
all. In the eyes of the King, you have value simply because
you are. You don't have to look nice or perform well.
Your value is inborn. Period."

No Wonder They Call Him Savior
 by
Max Lucado


quotes (3)

There are often things we will never understand, and perhaps that is the better way. God has a way of rescuing us from ourselves, and I for one find that a wonderful blessing. He does after all see the bigger picture.


quotes (30)


Time is a great healer, I feel. The memories are always there, often painful, bittersweet.  Still time can take the sting away.


quotes (1)


My blogging becomes really remarkable at times. I don't know how I manage to pull all these thoughts together. But then, maybe all I do is write a bunch of garbage that satisfies my need in some way. It's my therapy, my way of releasing thoughts within this prison of my mind, and it's something I do faithfully. It's a daily goal I set with the others I set for myself, so I remember to breathe, laugh, and do something silly. Those are good goals. 

I'm an artist really, and I've been trying to rejuvenate the lost and dying part of my soul that feeds on creativity. I can look at one sunset and become inspired, or glance one scene and begin to paint or design an entire set before I turn the page, or hear the melody or lyrics of one new song and choreograph the dance moves in my head. I see commonplace items like buttons, nuts and bolts, photographs from a magazine, and I begin to see so many possibilities. I go to church, and I see the need for children's programs, and my imagination begins to create, design, compose, and organize. It becomes maddening.  It must be very frustrating being my friend.

The only escape I have for the moment is writing, at least until I can figure out what it all means. So bear with me, please.  Usually when I reach the point of overload answers that were right before my eyes become visible. The vision I have seen includes others, and the "others" are still at bay. So, as I wait, I'll make art in any way I can, even if it's only in my mind.


quotes (9)




No comments:

Post a Comment