Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day 123 - True to His Promises


 scenic-wallpapers-with-bible-verses-15

Yesterday was an "okay" day for me in the sense that I set some simple goals, and I achieved them. To those who may be reading this perhaps you are wondering why an almost 65 year old lady would be "setting daily goals." Well, this ole lady is burned out in every conceivable way, plus I am suffering physically, mentally and emotionally, so this was a huge step for me. Each day I live out my life of faith dealing with impossible situations, and when I think the light is shining a bit brighter, another "test" comes my way.

I chose to write daily this year as a spiritual discipline for myself, as I wanted to thank God for the blessings of each day, even if I didn't feel like it...no, especially when I didn't feel like it. It's no fun when you live a life few really understand, especially those you feel should know you the best. The closer I walk with the Lord and desire to see my life transformed into His image, the harder the hits. But that's okay, because I am walking in faith, and He's never failed me yet.  And guess what...He never will!

As I've shared before, my life is pretty amazing. I don't own much in this world other than some used furniture, some keepsakes, books, DVDs, and stuffed friends, but what I do have in my relationship with Jesus is worth any home, fancy cars, eating out at elegant restaurants and being the highest paid celebrity around. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's. Sure I've had some hard times, made some mistakes, but each time, EACH time, He has picked me up, dusted me off, hugged me, and told me He loves me. I feel His love today so intensely.

As I am writing this my vision is blurry, my hip hurts, but I'm praising God.

This morning I was so broken.  The phone rings, and it's a friend who's in California, and she gave me the courage to make a decision for myself. She said she knew I didn't need anyone's permission, but she says "You have mine."  I felt such relief at that moment.  So I continued on my task list for today, and as I finished reading my Bible reading while soaking in a hot tub, I heard His voice speaking to me so clearly. The answer to what has been troubling me for so long was right in front of my face, but I was so drawn and quartered by what was going on in every area of my life that I could not SEE! or HEAR!

So if anyone is reading this blog today here's some advice...take time for you. Call a halt in your life even if it's for one day or a week or longer, and get away from the noise that is crowding out the only voice you need to hear.

My task list is dwindling down, as writing this post was on the list. Now on to the next. I finished up Session 2 of In Christ's Image, and all I have to do is submit my final exam. After that...well, that's up to God entirely. I am His obedient follower. Tomorrow I intend on rearranging my schedule, canceling some medical appointments, and taking the rest of the week off to take a little road trip to a place I love. God told me a few other things as well, so as I continue on the path and His plan, I know my heart will be at peace.

May God bless you today, and my prayer is that if you're not already doing so, trust Him for your life and for your family. He never lies; He's true to His promises.


Psalm 145:19-21 Scripture Landscape HD Wallpaper background with Bible ...

No comments:

Post a Comment