Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 127 - Hanging With God



 November 20, 2012 Jesus Christ conquered death! – a testimony

Today is the first Thursday of the month of May, so I am assuming it is the National Day of Prayer, even if President Obama has not declared it so. I won’t belabor that point, but simply stated, I hope you found time to pray for a return to being One Nation under God, established firmly on His established order.

I have belonged to the Presidential Prayer Team for a while to keep abreast of needs in the capitol and elsewhere in local and worldwide governments. Prayer is the key to finding answers and resolving conflicts. News has reached my ears of tornadoes in Oklahoma again, and we are already aware of the devastation in Nepal. This is not a time to quake in fear in our boots or rush off to find shelter from the advancing storms of persecution.  It is a time to stand and fight! Fight for your families, your homes, your friends. The answer is on your knees, rather than sitting down at a board meeting deciding a course of action. There is no decision needed to simply GO!  Go where the need is and lend a hand a shoulder, or a hug. It begins here, at home, with the churches uniting to meet the citywide needs of a lost generation, the homeless, or the kids on the street corners at Walmart who are pretending to be homeless to gain favor and a few bucks, so they don’t have to work. Instead of cash, introduce them to Jesus.  Not in a harsh, judgmental way, but with compassion and a true desire to see this person set on the straight and narrow.  Every city, village, or blink of an eye spot on the map where people reside, there is need.  Watch for opportunities to help.

Imagine what the world would be like if each person did one thing toward making a better world in which to live. Look for ways, pray for guidance, but don’t remain cooped up in your homes, watching television dramas when you could be making your own. Join the party and occupy until He comes!
On my calendar for today there is a quotation by Max Lucado from his book, And the Angels Were Silent which read:
“The saved may get close to the edge, they may even
Stumble and slide. But, they will dig their nails
Into the rock of God and hang on.”

That’s where I am, fingers digging deep into the Rock, hanging on for dear life! 

The day is drawing to a close, and I think I hear the sound of children’s voices. The sounds are gone now, but I may not be alone. Tomorrow I will ride my bike again, lengthening my ride a bit further than today. I realize that in my present health I need to pace myself, and that’s very difficult for me. I had to give up roller blading about ten years ago, and the ache to strap on a pair now really is a hard urge to resist. For now I’ll be safe and heed the warnings while I’m resting, turning off my work computer at end of the day, regardless of what was completed or what remains to be done. I need to prioritize my schedule, look for ways to streamline the process, if that is indeed possible at this juncture.  We need a miracle! And I know God hears our cries!

Today was productive in many ways, so now I need to cut myself some slack and veg out! My quest for peace is definitely working, with the exception that my hips are giving me grief, but this too shall pass!

gods-answers-are-wiser-than-our-prayers.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment